Verizon updates its phones, and you can probably guess what it’s going to hit first. The company has a long list of devices that will have their software updated today or tomorrow, ranging from the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (LTE)
The update will bring the device up to Android 9 Pie, as well as the latest security patch and version of Samsung’s One UI. It will add a new camera feature called “Live Focus,” which lets you take photos with blurred backgrounds by adjusting the depth of field before or after taking your shot (no editing required). The update also fixes a known bug with the camera app that could cause it to crash when using certain apps at high resolutions; improves battery life; adds Night Mode for better viewing in dark environments; adds support for new languages including Spanish and Portuguese; and more.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
- Camera: The Galaxy S6 Active’s 16MP rear camera is a notable improvement over the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, with better low-light performance, better color reproduction in daylight settings and faster auto-focus.
- Battery life: While it doesn’t offer quite as much battery life as some of its competitors (the iPhone 6s Plus and Moto X Pure Edition), you’ll still get a full day of use out of this phone if you’re not using it constantly throughout the day.
- Performance: With 4GB RAM and an octa-core processor, there’s no doubt that this is one powerful phone — especially when compared to other Samsung devices on Verizon’s network like last year’s Galaxy Note 5 or even older models like 2012’s Galaxy S III which only have 2GB RAM (although they do have quad cores). This means smoother multitasking and quicker app launches than before!
Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
The Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ is a 5.7″ phone that’s available in black and gold. It has a 2800mAh battery, 16MP rear camera and 5MP front camera, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage (with microSD card slot), water-resistance, fingerprint scanner and costs $120 at Verizon.com
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Verizon)
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is a flagship phone that was released in 2016 by verizon samsung smartphones. It has a curved screen and a fast processor, plus it’s waterproof and has an excellent camera. However, it doesn’t have as good of a camera as its successor–the Galaxy S9 Plus–and its software isn’t up-to-date anymore because there have been several software updates since then.
The Galaxy S7 Edge had a 5.5 inch screen when it was first released but now there are 6 inch screens on most phones; the snapdragon 810 processor used in this device has been replaced with faster ones since then as well (for example: Apple uses their own A12 Bionic chip).
Samsung Galaxy S8 (Verizon)
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is one of the best phones on the market, and it’s a great choice if you’re looking for an Android device. It has a gorgeous bezel-less design with an Infinity Display that makes it stand out from other phones in its price range.
The camera is also excellent: it sports dual 12MP sensors (one wide angle and one telephoto) that allow you to take high quality photos no matter what type of shot you’re trying to get.
The phone comes with 64GB of storage space, but there’s also room for expansion via microSD card slot if your need more space than that.
Battery life is another plus–you can expect about 9 hours from the 3500mAh battery during normal use (however, this will vary depending on factors like screen brightness).
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 LTE (Verizon)
The Galaxy Tab S3 LTE on verizon samsung smartphones is receiving an update to Android 9 Pie. The update will include the August 2019 security patch and various bug fixes and improvements, including a fix for an issue that could cause Bluetooth connections to be lost when paired with select car audio systems.
The update is rolling out now, so if you don’t see it available yet, check for the update again later in the day or over the weekend.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5″ LTE (Verizon)
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5″ LTE is a tablet that has a 10.5 inch screen. It has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, 6GB RAM and 128GB storage, as well as 4,300 mAh battery.
These devices will have their software updated today or tomorrow.
- Galaxy Note 8.0 (4G LTE)
- Galaxy Tab S2 8″ 4G LTE (Wi-Fi only)
- Galaxy Tab S2 9.7″ 4G LTE (Wi-Fi only)
These updates include:
- Android Security Patch Level : 1 May 2018
As always, we recommend that you check your device’s software updates. If there are any new updates available, they will be listed under “System” in the Settings app. You can also manually check if there are updates by going into Settings>About Phone>Software Update.